Construction & Engineering
At Mercantile Barristers our members have a wealth of experience of the technology, construction and engineering industries.
Our key members hold industry professional qualifications and have practised for several years with leading construction and engineering consultancies. They have also worked with construction and development firms in the UK handling the procurement, management and delivery of complex high value projects across the UK and internationally.
Construction & Engineering Contract Drafting & Advice
For our professional clients Mercantile Barristers offer a comprehensive and effective construction and engineering contract drafting and advisory service, applicable to all stages of a project’s life cycle, from initial feasibility through to completion, disposal or occupation.
Legal issues arise at every stage in a project’s life cycle, addressing them promptly and properly are often the ‘stitch in time’ that saves a costly dispute down the line. Mercantile Barristers are able to offer a comprehensive drafting and strategic advisory service that avoids disputes and ensures that our clients are best prepared should a dispute become inevitable. We are regularly aske to review, draft contract documentation and provide advice concerning:
- Pre-Contract Risk Assessment
- Tendering & Procurement
- Standard Forms of Contracts, including JCT ICE, NEC, GC/Works, IMech and IChem forms
- Bespoke Construction & Engineering Contracts
- Information Technology & Telecommunications Contracts
- Energy Storage, Licensing & Trading Contracts
- Insurances and Warranties
- Consultancy Appointment Contracts
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Joint Ventures and Partnering Agreements including PFI and PPP Agreements
- Health, Safety and CDM Regulations
- Ongoing Project Monitoring & Review
- Employment Contracts & Compromise Agreements
Construction & Engineering Contract Disputes
Mercantile Barristers are experts in managing construction and engineering contract disputes from inception to conclusion. Because we understand the commercial context behind these disputes we excel in devising the most profitable disposal of every dispute for our clients.
Our members at Mercantile Barristers are proficient in oral and written advocacy and we represent clients in all tribunals and courts both nationally and internationally and regularly appear in the Technology and Construction Court.
We are regularly asked to provide strategic and tactical advice in relation to all forms of disputes and prospective disputes and to provide advice and drafting support at the early stages of a construction and engineering contract dispute.
Mercantile Barristers clients come from all sections of the industry and are both national and international in origin. We act in a wide variety of breach of contract, breach of statutory duty, professional negligence and judicial review cases in adjudication, arbitration and litigation for:
- Joint Venture Partners
- Funders & Institutional Investors
- Local Authorities
- Principal Contractors
- Specialist Trade & Sub Contractors
- Insurers & Underwriters
- Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, Project Managers & Specialist Consultants
- Recruitment Consultants
- Suppliers of Labour, Plant and Materials
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT OR INSTRUCT MERCANTILE BARRISTERS ON ANY CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING MATTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE.